Here is the traditional Gulab Jamun recipe, how easily you can make it at home.
- 1 Cup Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup Maida
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tspoon Baking Powder
- 1 spoon Ghee
- 2-4 Cardamom Pods
- Few Saffron Strands
- Few Rose Buds
- Jamun Mix : In a deep bowl add milk powder, maida, baking powder. Mix well.
- Then add ghee and milk as required start to combine, make a dough.
- Cover dough and rest for 10 minutes.
- after 10 minutes, start to prepare small ball sized jamuns.
- Sugar Syrup : In a Deep kadai add sugar ,1 cup water, cardamom powder, saffron strands and rose buds.
- Mix well and boil for 8-10 minutes in a medium heat or until the sugar syrup turns sticky or right consistency.
- Keep it aside.
- Deep fry : In a Deep kadai add oil.
- Deep fry the jamuns in a medium heat until the jamuns turn golden brown.
- drain off and transfer the jamun into a hot sugar syrup.
- Rest for 2 hours / until jamuns absorb the sugar syrup and doubles in size.
- Serve Warm. Enjoy!