Vermicelli Carrot Payasa /Semiya Gajar Kheer is a fusion sweet dish.
This recipe is simply delicious, rich and creamy, perfect sweet dish anytime you crave for something yummy and sweet.
- 1+1 spoon Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Mix Dry fruits
- 2 tablespoon Grated Carrot
- 1 cup Semiya / Vermicelli
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cardamom pods
- In a kadai over medium heat add ghee.
- Then add chopped dry fruits, sauté them for 1-2 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In a same kadai add ghee and grated carrot, sauté for 2-3 minutes or until raw smell goes away.
- Then add vermicelli / semiya and sauté until you smell the nice aroma or slight golden brown.
- Then add hot water, cook them for 4-5 minutes. Now add sugar, let it dissolve then add milk.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Bring it to boil, now add dry fruits. Cook in a low heat (3-4 minutes)
- Turn off the heat and serve warm.