Sheer Khurma is a very traditional dish made during Eid. Considering health i have made the few modifications in the traditional recipe.
Sheer Khurma with Nolen Gur is healthy vermicelli pudding made with milk, nolen jaggery, vermicelli and lots of dry fruits.
1 cup Seviyan/ ver
2 cups Milk (400ml)
5-6 soft Dates
1 cup chopped dry fruits ( pistachio, almond, cashews)
Few Saffron Strands and Cardamom powder
2 spoon Nolen Gur (Jaggery)
1 spoon Ghee
- In a deep nonstick pan add ghee.
- Add vermicelli and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cup of milk and let it cook.
- Add pitted dates, cook for another 2-3 minutes slightly mash them.
- Then add chopped dry fruits, saffron and cardamom powder.
- Now the mixture is slightly think, add one more cup of milk and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, garnish with saffron strands and dry fruits, serve cold or warm.