Drumsticks leaves Paratha / Morigna Paratha is a healthy and extremely nutritious paratha.
Did you know drumstick leaves have 7 times more vitamin C than oranges and 15 times more potassium than bananas.
Ayurveda its called “Miracle Tree” and since ages Ayurveda is using the morigna tree as a medical component( leaves, sticks, flowers even the roots) in the Ayurvedic recipes.
- 1 cup Morigna leaves
- 2 cup Whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 spoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 spoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 spoon chopped green chilli
- 1/2 spoon cumin powder
- 1 + 1 spoon Oil
- In a bowl add 1 cup choped marigna leaves, 2 cups of whole wheat flour, salt, chopped green chilli, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala,oil and water make a stiff dough.
- Make medium sized balls of the dough.
- Dust the dough ball with some flour and roll the morigna paratha.
- Place the morigna paratha on a hot tawa , grease the oil and Press the paratha edges with a spatula so that they get cooked.
- Serve with butter, pickle and curd.