- ½ kg chicken boneless
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon curd
For Gravy :
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 large tomatoes
- 7-8 cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ tablespoon kasuri methi crushed
- salt as needed
- 2 Onions
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 100 ml cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- First marinate chicken with lemon juice, chili powder and salt for 20 minutes.
- Cover & rest in the refrigerator for atleast 12 hours.
- Add one tablespoon butter to a pan and add the marinade.
- Fry on medium high heat till all the moisture evaporates.
- Heat a pan with oil & saute cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms for a minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chilies and fry till it turns fragrant.
- Next add the chopped tomato and onion and turmeric and kasuri methi.
- Add red chili powder, cashews and salt.
- cook until you smell the nice aroma.
- Let it cool.
- In a blender add these mixture and make a fine paste.
- In a pan add oil (medium heat) Pour the masala pure. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- It begins to leave the sides of the pan.
- Pour 1 cup water. Add more or less water to suit your desired consistency.
- Bring the mix to a boil and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Butter chicken should become soft and tender. Add garam masala and kasuri methi.
- Stir and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour chilled cream and switch off the stove.
- Garnish butter chicken with coriander leaves and extra cream if desired. Serve with long grain rice or naan or paratha.