½ kg chicken boneless
¾ tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon oil
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Red chili powder
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1 cinnamon 2 inch
2 green cardamoms
1 green chilli slit
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
2 large tomatoes
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chili powder
½ to ¾ teaspoon garam masala powder
½ tablespoon kasuri methi crushed
salt as needed
100 ml coconut milk
2 tbsp Coriander leaves for garnishing
◦ First marinate chicken with lemon juice, chili powder, oil and salt for 20 minutes.
◦ Cover & rest in the refrigerator for atleast 12 hours.
◦ Add one tsp butter to a pan and add the marinade.
◦ Fry on high flame till all the moisture evaporates.
• Heat a pan with oil & saute cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms for a min.
• Add ginger garlic paste, green chilies and fry till it turns fragrant.
• Next add the chopped tomato and onion and turmeric and kasuri methi
• Add red chili powder, cashews and salt.
• cook until you smell the nice aroma.
• Let it cool.
• In a blender add these mixture and make a fine paste.
• In a pan add oil (medium heat) Pour the masala pure. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
• It begins to leave the sides of the pan.
• Pour 1 cup water. Add more or less water to suit your desired consistency.
• Bring the mix to a boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
• Add chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes.
• Butter chicken should become soft and tender. Add garam masala and kasuri methi.
• Stir and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour coconut milk and switch off the stove.
• Garnish butter chicken with coriander leaves and extra colour coconut milk if desired. Serve with long grain rice or naan or paratha.