It is supremely nutritious drink from Karnataka region , keeps you full for long . And it is loaded with iron, calcium, fibre and other nutrients.
Making this drink is very easy; all you will need is finger millet flour, buttermilk, and a few spices for tempering.
Ingredients for this recipe:
2 tbsp Ragi / Nachni Atta/ Finger Millet Flour
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
1.75 Cups Water
Salt to taste
Finely Chopped Coriander (optional)
1/2 sp oil
1/2 inch Grated ginged
1/2 Chopped chilli
4-5 Curry leaves
1/2 sp Mustard seed
Pinch of Hing
- Add the ragi flour to a bowl. Add little water and whisk. Ensure there are no lumps.
- In a sauce pan add water, bring it to boil.
- Then add ragi mixture and whisk.
- In low temperature bring it to boil, till it is glossy. It will take 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let it slightly cool down.
- Then add butter milk and salt.
- Then give tempering.
- Enjoy warm.