Kokum Rasam is a traditional recipe from Malnadu, Karnataka region using Raw Kokum. You can enjoy with rice or drink warm. It tastes mix of spicy and sour, incredibly delicious.
Recipe is very simple.
- 4 Raw Kokum
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 sp udad dal
- 2 Red dry chilli
- 1/4 sp Mustard seed
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- In a steel pan add water bring it to boil.
- Add raw kokum and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the water, mash the cooked kokum.
- Strain the mixture, use only pulp.
- Add salt and 2 cups of water and mix.
- In a tempering pan add oil and other ingredients, let it crackle, add this to kokum mixture.
- Serve with rice or drink warm.