Kokum Sharbat/ Kokum Juice is a seasonal fresh drink made of Kokum fruit. This is bright in colour extremely nutritious and delicious too.
In India, kokum is widely grown in tropical forests of the Western Ghats in Konkan, Goa, Kerala and western ghats of Karnataka.
Kokum is packed with many essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B3, vitamin C and minerals such as calcium, iron, manganese, potassium and zinc. It also contains a good amount of folic acid, ascorbic acid, acetic acid, hydroxycitric acid and fibre. Used this fruit for many medical purposes.
- Kokum Fruit- 4-5
- 1/2 cup Sweetener (according to taste)
- 1 Ltr Water
- Wash the fruits, and cut them in to half.
- Remove the kokum pulp.
- Add the kokum skin to blender.
- Add sugar and 1/2 cup water.
- Blend and make a fine paste.
- Strain the mixture.
- Add this mixture to water.
- Add some ice serve chilled.