Mutabbal is a sesame eggplant dip made of eggplant, garlic, olive oil and tahini. Very popular Levantine condiment.
- Eggplant -1
- Tahini – 2 tablespoon
- Lemon -1/2
- Garlic – 4 to 5
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- Poke the eggplant through fork to keep them from exploding while cooking
- Roast the eggplant in a grill about 20-30 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Now Slit the eggplant in to half and remove the pulp.
- Add the eggplant pulp to the bowl of a food processor, along with the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and olive oil. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer this to serving bowl.
- Serve the mutabbal drizzled with olive oil and garnished with paprika and mint.
- Enjoy with crackers, pita chips, pita bread or sandwich.