Walnut Coconut Modak is a Indian sweet made of freshly grated coconut, jaggery and walnuts, shaped in to Modak.
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Coconut
- 1/2 cup liquid Jaggery
- 2-3 Cardamom pods
- 1/2 cup Walnut
- 1 spoon Sesame seed
- In a pan over medium heat add jaggery.
- Bring it to single boil, then add sesame seed and freshly grated coconut.
- Stir continuously and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the moisture evaporates.
- Then add cardamom powder and walnut powder.
- Mix well, Turn off the heat.
- let this mixture slightly cool down, take small portion from the mixture and fill the modak mould, shape them.
- Serve fresh.