Wheat Rawa Upma is a easiest and healthiest breakfast recipe. Wheat rava is a nutritional alternative to the traditional rava.
Here i am sharing my mom’s version. She says “adding freshly grated coconut will give the exceptional flavour and taste to Upma”.
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 sp. Split Chickpeas
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1/2 sp. Cumin seed
- 1/2 sp. Mustard seed
- 1/2 sp. Udad dal
- 15 Cashews
- 1 Green Chilli
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Wheat Rawa
- 2 sp. Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 4 tablespoon Freshly Grated Coconut
- In a pan over medium heat add ghee
- Then add split chickpeas, red chilli, urad dal, cumin seed, mustard seed and curry leaves. Cook for 1-2 minutes, Then add cashews.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes until cashews turns slight brown then add chopped green chilli.
- Now add wheat rawa, sauté the mixture around 10-12 minutes in a low heat.
- Then add sugar, squeeze the 1/2 lemon and salt to taste.
- Mix the mixture, add 2 cups of hot water.
- Cover and allow the wheat rawa upma to steam for 4 to 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Now gently mix the mixture and add freshly grated coconut.
- Mix well. Then switch off the heat.
- Cover the lid for 10 minutes and then Serve warm.