Mango sticky rice is a traditional Southeast Asian and South Asian dessert made with glutinous rice, fresh mango and coconut milk.
Adding lemongrass will give unique freshness and the flavour.
- 2 Mangoes
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 +1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Lemon grass
- 3 sp + 1/2 cup Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 spoon Sesame Seed
- In a bowl soak the rice for 15 minutes.
- In a pan over medium heat add soaked rice, 1/2 cup coconut milk, lemon grass and 1/2 cup water.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes then add salt to taste and 3 spoon sugar.
- Mix well, cook in a low heat until tender.
- For Coconut Sauce: In a sauce pan over medium heat add coconut milk, sugar, lemongrass.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until you get the syrup consistency.
- For assemble :
- In a small cup fill the rice and flip it on a plate.
- Remove the peel, cut the mangoes and place it next to sticky rice.
- Pour the coconut sauce on rice.
- Garnish with sesame seed.
- Serve immediately.