Lemon Rice / ಚಿತ್ರಾನ್ನ is a lemon flavoured rice prepared in Karnataka, India.
Its a simple quick easy rice recipe, prepared by mixing cooked rice with special tempering / ಒಗ್ಗರಣೆ.
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1 -2 Green Chilli
- 1-2 Red Chilli
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 3 spoon Oil
- 1/2 spoon Cumin Seed
- 1/2 spoon Mustard
- 1/2 spoon Udad Dal
- 2 spoon Peanuts
- 2 spoon Cashew nut
- 2 spoon Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch Ginger (chopped)
- 2 spoon Coriander leaves (chopped)
- In a deep pan over medium heat add oil and peanuts. Sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped ginger, cumin seed, mustard, udad dal, curry leaves, red chilli, turmeric powder, sauté for 1-2 minutes then add broken cashews .
- Then add fine chopped onion and green chilli. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until onion turns light brown.
- Now add cooked rice and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and squeeze lemon juice, mix again.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and close the lid, cook the rice in a low heat for 2-3 minutes.