Broken Wheat Ashwagandha Porridge is a healthy sweet dish made of broken wheat, ashwagandha, milk and jaggery.
While growing up I was around people who trusted herbal medicines more than modern. I believe, they have lots of health benefits and less side effects.
Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb. This amazing herb has a incredible ability to increase the strength and reduces the stress and anxiety and many more.
1 cup Broken wheat / Daliya
2 spoon Jaggery
Pinch of Ashwagandha
2 Spoon Ghee
200 ml Milk
200 ml Water
2 Clove (powder)
Almonds and dried rose patels for garnishing
- In a deep pan over medium heat add 1 spoon ghee and broken wheat. Roast it for 4-5 minutes till it become light brown and gives roasted aroma.
- Add milk and water, cook for 8-10 minutes until broken wheat becomes soft.
- Add pinch of ashwagandha powder and clove powder.
- Add jaggery and mix well.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes cook uncovered until it reaches to desired consistency.
- Add spoon of ghee and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with almonds and rose petals.
- Serve warm.