Shahi Tukda is a rich, flavourful dessert made with Milk, Bread, Nuts and Saffron. And it is very popular classic royal dessert from Mughal emperors.
I have made the few modifications considering health. Here is the HEALTHIEST” Shahi Tukda ever! Low fat, low sugar and non-fried !
- 200 ml low fat Milk
- 6-7 Wholewheat bread slice
- Pinch of Saffron strands
- 1/2 cup chopped Pistachio
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tspoon agar agar wonder gel 30
- 1 spoon Ghee
- 3 Cardamom pods
- Rose patels for garnishing
- Silver vark for garnishing
- In a deep pan over a medium heat boil the milk. Add 2 tablespoon sugar , saffron strands, powdered cardamom.
- In a small bowl add 1/2 spoon agar agar wonder gel and 2 spoon of water.
- Mix well and let it dissolve. Add this agar agar mixture to milk and bring it to boil.
- Turn of the heat and let it cool.
- Once its cool down milk mixture will be creamy and thick. Keep it in a refrigerator.
- In a flat pan over a medium heat toast the bread slice ( cut the bread slice edges, make a triangular shape grease the ghee and toast it) until they turn crisp and golden brown.
- In a another pan add sugar, 4-5 tablespoon water, cardamom powder make a sugar syrup (1 string consistency)
- Dip the toasted bread slice and place it on a serving plate.
- Pour the milk mixture on the same plate and garnish with chopped pistachio,saffron strands,rose patels.
- Serve chilled.
Note: You can replace the wonder gel with Arrowroot powder or corn starch