Brahmi kashaya is one of the oldest drink/remedy from my grandma’s kitchen,and also it’s popular in Malenadu region Karnataka.(western and eastern slopes of the Western Ghats)
Brahmi is a wonder herb known to stimulate memory and cognitive ability.
Brahmi reduces stress and anxiety as it decreases the levels of stress hormone.And also it is loaded with antioxidants.
- Hand full of Brahmi leave with branches
- 1/2 tspoon – Jaggery
- 1 tspoon – Cumin Seeds
- 1 tspoon- Coriender Seeds
- 5-6 Peppercorn
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Milk (optional)
- In a deep sauce pan over medium heat add brahmi, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorn and 2 cups of water. Bring it to boil.
- In a low simmer cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Strain the kashaya and add jaggery (and milk).
- Serve Hot!