Thandai Malai Bread Roll is a fusion light dessert made with milk, sugar, saffron, bread and thandai mix.
- 1 tsp ghee
- 20gms milk powder
- 2 spoon sugar
- 20 ml cream
- 50 ml low fat milk
- 2 tablespoon Thandai mix
- Thin Rabdi( Saffron milk):
- 1 litre low fat milk
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 white bread slice(unsalted)
- Add ghee, milk powder, sugar, fresh cream, thandai mix and milk in a medium pan and mix well .Turn on the heat.
- Cook until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.Turn off the heat.
- Thin Rabdi ( saffron milk)
- In a deep pan over medium heat add milk bring it to boil.
- Add saffron and sugar cook in a low heat and keep stirring and scraping the sides of the pan .Cook the milk for 10-15 mins till it reduces.
- Cut the sides of the bread and roll it using a rolling pin and keep it thin.
- Keep a tbsp of filling on the side of the bread slice. Apply the milk on the sides of the bread and roll to make a cylinder.
- Arrange them on a serving dish.
- Pour thin rabdi over the top. The entire bread should be soaked in milk mixture. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with almond and saffron. Serve chilled.