Sweet and spicy fox nut (lotus seed) (makhana) is a healthy diabetic friendly, kids favourite jar snacks.
For Sweet Lotus Seed:
- 1 cup Lotus seed(fox nuts)
- 1 table spoon Jaggery
- 1 tspoon Flax seed
- 1/2 spoon Ghee (optional)
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat, roast the lotus seed for 3-4 minutes and keep it aside.
- Add jaggery on the same pan and caramelise the jaggery and add roasted lotus seed, mix well.
- Sprinkle some flaxseed, transfer it to another bowl.
- Let it cool and serve.
For Spicy Lotus Seed:
- 1 cup Lotus seed
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- 1 spoon Oil
- 1/4 tspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tspoon Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat add oil and other spices and roast it for minute.
- Add lotus seed and mix well then turn off the heat.
- Transfer it to another bowl, let it cool down.
Note: You can store it in a airtight container for 15 – 20 days.