Plum Cranberry Spicy Chutney is a fruity chutney using plum and dried cranberries. This sweet and spicy chutney goes well with parathas or dosa.
- 6 -7 Plum
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3-4 Bird Chilli
- 50 gms dried Cranberry
- 3-4 Curry leaves
- 50gms Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 Black Pepper
- 1/2 spoon Agar Agar wondergel 30
- In a bowl soak the dried cranberries in a water for 3-4 hrs.
- Rinse the water and blend it in a mixture and make a paste.
- In a sauce pan add pitted plums and sugar.
- Add 1 cup water bring it to boil.
- Now add the cranberry paste and bring it to boil.
- Add 1 whole cinnamon stick and curry leaves.
- Now add chopped bird chilli and cook for 3-4 minutes .
- Slightly crush the plum using spatula.
- Add crushed pepper and salt to taste.
- In a medium heat cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add wonder gel 30 ( dissolve in a 4 spoon water)
- Mix well and bring it to boil turn off the heat. Let it cool.
- Serve with paratha/dosa.
Note: You can store it in a refrigerate for 2 weeks.