Lotus seed kheer is very nutritious and delicious sweet dish. Perfect light sweet recipe for the summer noon! It tastes best when served chilled.
- 1 cup Lotus seed
- 3-4 spoon Sugar
- 2 Cardamom
- Pinch saffron strands
- 1 cup Mixed dry nuts and coconut shave
- 1 cup Milk
- In a pan dry roast the lotus seed for 3-4 minutes and keep it aside.
- In a sauce pan, medium heat add milk and sugar.
- Let it dissolve then add lotus seed bring it to boil.
- Add crushed cardamom powder, mixed nuts and coconut shave bring it to boil again.
- Add saffron strands and cook for few more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped nuts, rose petals and saffron strands .
- Serve chilled!