Kesar Peda is one of the popular sweet dish from India.
Considering health this kesar peda is made with low fat khoya ,sugar, saffron strands.
- 300 grams low fat Khoya (Mawa)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ghee
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Saffron strands
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Warm the milk soak the saffron in it. Keep this aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan add crumbled khoya and sugar. Cook this on a low heat for 5 minutes stirring continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Khoya will melt.
- Stir continuously till the khoya thickens.
- Once the khoya has thickened, add saffron milk and powdered cardamom to it. Cook for a few more minutes till the khoya thickens up and the consistency will be a sticky dough.
- Add ghee and mix again
- Now turn off the heat and allow the peda mixture to cool.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to touch, lightly knead the mixture.
- Make a small balls. (peda shape)
- Decorate with saffron strands.
- Ready to serve!