This spicy pickled pineapple go very well with salad, sandwich topper or it can be eaten directly from the jar.
- Pineapple chunks -1½ cup
- Rock salt – 2 table spoon
- Sugar- 2 table spoon
- Roasted cumin seed – 1 teaspoon
- Small green chilli – 6 to 7
- Star anise – 4
- Plain water – 3 cups
- In a deep pan add 3 cups of water and salt boil it until it reduces 2 cups.
- Let it cool.
- Add sugar, roasted cumin seeds, half chopped green chillies 3 and whole green chillies 4.
- Also add star anise and chopped pineapples.
- Store it in a airtight container and refrigerate it for 1 to 2 days .
- Serve with salad or it can be eaten directly from the jar.
Note: You can use red bird eye chilli or small green chilli.