Making focaccia bread art is not only fun but also delicious.
6 gm Dry yeast
2 cups all- purpose flour (maida)
Olive oil – 4-5 spoon
Salt – according to taste
Choice of vegitables( onion, bel pepper, cherry tomato, baby corn, jalapeño, garlic, corn)
Fresh herbs ( basil, rosemary, thyme) or Dried herbs.
Honey – 1 spoon
1. In a large bowl add 50 ml lukewarm water.
2. Add honey and mix well.
3. Add dry yeast and cover the bowl and rest for 8-10 minutes.(yeast grow)
4. Now add flour, salt and add lukewarm water knead for 5 min. And make a soft dough.
5. Add olive oil and cover the bowl and rest for 1- 2 hour.(yeast grow)
6. Now grease the baking tray.
7. Knead the dough for 2 minutes .Transfer the dough to the baking sheet then press it down into the pan. Use your fingers to dimple the dough then drizzle the top with the remaining olive oil and add herbs .
8. Make your garden design. Drizzle some olive oil and rest it for 20 minutes.
9. In a preheated oven bake it for 25 – 30 minutes (temp:180°C) until the dough is slightly golden and cooked through.