This dish is extremely nutritious, vegan, protein rich and healthy.
1 cup – Tofu
Fresh grated coconut-2 sp
Cashew nut – 9-10
Cumin seeds- 1 sp
Coriander seeds- 2 sp
Fresh Ginger grated- 1 tsp
Onion – 1(chopped)
Tomato -1 (chopped)
Coriander leaves- 1sp
Olive Oil- 2sp
Salt and pepper
Spices – (1 -cardamom , 3 clove )
Garam Masala- 1 tsp
Green Chilli -1 ( optional)
1.In a deep nonstick pan (low heat) add 1 spoon oil.
2. Add spices ,cashews,cumin,coriander seeds and ginger , roast it for 2-3 minutes.
3. Then add onion and tomato, cook them until soft and completely mashy. Turn off the heat and add turmeric powder and coconut. Let it cool.
4. Add these mixture into the blender jar and make a fine paste.
5. Now turn on the heat (medium heat). In a nonstick pan add oil. Add the paste and sauté it for 6-8 minutes until masala turns aromatic.
6. Add cup of water and cook for 8-10 minutes until the gravy thickens.Add garam masala,salt and pepper.
7. Now add tofu chunks. Cover the lid and in a low heat cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Transfer tofu masala to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve this with rice or roti.